Due to the recent COVID-19 protocols announced by the provincial government, as of October 1, anyone entering event venues, and public businesses must provide proof of being fully vaccinated (14 days after second dose), or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours.
As a result, anyone entering Melfort Mustang games for the foreseeable future must show proof of vaccination, or a negative test upon entering the Northern Lights Palace. That will first be in effect for the game on October 2 as Melfort takes on Nipawin.
If you’re expecting to attend that game, you can expect volunteers to be checking proof of vaccine as fans enter the building, once approved, fans can purchase tickets, and enter the arena.
The only acceptable forms of proof of vaccination are:
- Wallet cards received at time of immunization
- A printed copy of your MySaskHealthRecord (MSHR) vaccine certificate (with or without a QR code)
- A screenshot of your MSHR vaccine certificate (with or without a QR code) saved to your device
- An earlier version of your MSHR COVID-19 vaccine certificate
- A COVID-19 vaccine printout from Saskatchewan Health Authority Public Health
- A QR code/MySaskHealthRecord vaccine certificate uploaded to SK Vax Wallet
A self-administered take-home rapid antigen test will not be accepted as valid proof of negative COVID-19 test results. Individuals requiring a negative test result have several private options on the market that will provide a rapid antigen test or a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for a fee.
Masking will also remain mandatory for the time being in the arena.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.