The Melfort Mustangs are currently seeking an Assistant Coach to start in the 2023/2024 SJHL Season. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership skills, and hockey knowledge to assist the Head Coach and General Manager of our club.
- Assisting the Head Coach and General Manager in all aspects of the Mustangs Hockey Operations including practices, and personnel decisions.
- Providing leadership, commitment and passion for our players, fans, and community
- All aspects of coaching and administration of a CJHL junior A hockey program
- Recruiting & identifying future Mustangs
- Assisting with current players to move on to the collegiate level
- Working with the players on individual skills
- Organizing travel/meal plans for road trips
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors and/or the Head Coach.
- Playing experience at the Junior A level or higher considered an asset.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, High Performance 1 certification, Respect in Sport & Checking.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Provide a criminal record check
- Ability & desire to work long hours, evenings, weekends & holidays as necessary
Salary: Salary to be discussed during interview process and will be based on experience and qualifications.
Application: Interested candidates can send their resume, cover letter, and references to the following individuals:
- Trevor Blevins – Head Coach/General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jordan Lee – President – email@example.com
Deadline: August 4, 2023