The Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League released the important dates this morning for the 2021-22 hockey season. Here’s more from the SJHL release this morning.
The Saskatchewan Jr Hockey League and the teams of the SJHL have waited an extended period to move forward with a normal hockey season. Since having our league shutdown in the 2019/20 playoffs, the hard work, patience, and dedication put in by our teams, coaches, players, fans, and everyone else involved has been greatly appreciated and have been paramount to the SJHL announcing a return to Junior A Hockey in Saskatchewan.
The SJHL and its 12 teams are proud to announce the approval of puck drop for the 2021/22 SJHL Season will commence on Friday, September 24th.
“The SJHL and the Saskatchewan Government thank the efforts of Saskatchewan people to follow the rules of the provincial health order and to get vaccinated. We are moving forward in our roadmap to get back to normal, which includes SJHL hockey starting this Fall,” Immigration and Career Training Minister Jeremy Harrison said. “Hockey has always been a key part of our culture and economy in Saskatchewan communities and we look forward to working with the league to see the players back on the ice.”
In addition to the September 24th start date, the SJHL is pleased to announce the release of other important dates throughout the 2021/22 season.
Other important dates for the SJHL 21-22 season include:
- Sept 24th– Start date of SJHL regular season
- Oct 4, 5, 6 – SJHL Showcase in Warman
- Dec 19th – Start of Christmas break
- Dec 27th – Return from Christmas
- Jan 25th and 26th – SJHL/MJHL Showcase in Winnipeg.
- March 4th – Regular season ends
- March 11th – First round of playoffs begins
- March 25th – Second round of playoffs begin
- April 8th – Saskatchewan Jr Hockey League Finals
- April 29th – Anavet Cup starts
- May 20th – Centennial Cup begins in Estevan
The Board of Governors and the GM/Coaches of the SJHL teams will begin meeting soon to discuss the schedule for the upcoming season starting on September 24th.
Throughout the offseason, the SJHL will continue to provide its fans more detailed information on all significant dates as we move throughout the summer and towards a return to Junior A hockey in Saskatchewan.